We Offer Strength Training Classes
Why strength/resistance train? Read on to find out.....
|Phoenix offers strength/resistance training classes AND personal training.|
|WHY STRENGTH TRAIN?|
If someone told you that a certain type of exercise could benefit your heart, improve your balance, strengthen your bones, and help you lose weight all while making you look and feel better, wouldn’t you want to get started? Well, studies show that strength training can provide all those benefits and more!!!
Strength training — also known as weight or resistance training — is physical activity designed to improve muscular fitness by exercising a specific muscle or muscle group against external resistance. This can include free-weights, weight machines, or your own body weight.
Regular strength or resistance training also helps prevent the natural loss of lean muscle mass that comes with aging (the medical term for this loss is sarcopenia).
1. Makes you stronger and fitter.
2. Protects bone health and muscle mass. At around age 30 we start losing as much as 3 to 5 percent of lean muscle mass per year.
3. Helps keep the weight off for good! Aerobic exercise such as walking, running, and cycling is well-known as a way to help increase the number of calories you burn in a day and thereby shed extra pounds. But strength training helps, too.Exercise science researchers suspect strength training is helpful for weight loss because it helps increase your resting metabolism.
4. Helps you develop better body mechanics by improving balance, coordination, and posture.
5. Can help with chronic disease management.
6. Boosts energy levels and improves your mood.
7. Translates to more calories burned and helps boost your metabolism. Weight or resistance training can help boost your calorie burn during and after your workout, too.You burn calories during strength training, and your body continues to burn calories after strength training.
8. Has cardiovascular health benefits. Along with aerobic exercise, muscle-strengthening physical activity helps improve blood pressure.
Want to look and feel your best? Start your fitness journey today!!! We’re here to help.